Friday, August 20, 2010

Umsanzi Creations - Luzanda Ellis - Featured Artist

Luzanda and I go back a few years now! I fell in love with her digital art creations! She made fabulous web pages for my eBay store and then she started making great images for my dominos and altered art charm bracelets. She was always so accommodating to make me web pages in a snap or image sheets for special orders. I never have found such fantastic service to date. It's always a pleasure working with Luzanda and I love checking in on her work. She is so talented and has such a great eye for color and design. So it's my sincere pleasure to introduce you to this amazing lady!

How did you get started creating your product?

My name is Luzanda, I am from South Africa but been living in Switzerland almost half my life.. . I am Mommy to one very sweet 7 year old Girl.

It actually all started when my daughter was born.. I was looking for a birth announcement card and just could not find anything “special” so I decided to make my own… I started creating cards for every occasion and then got the idea to start selling them… I started making Candy Wrappers, but this was not enough for me.. so I went searching the Internet to see what else I could create and then found loads of designers making eBay listing templates… so I made a start with that too, and from there came to Etsy and started with the Collage Sheets and Shop Banners. Thanks to you Kelly ;)

I also love making Jewelry. My mother got me started on that..

My Canvas art is all in 3D, I love to create things that are different.. I mostly use things that can be found around the house and recycle them J

What inspires you to create?

I am mostly inspired by other artists creations.. I spend hours searching for new themes and ideas for my designs….I try to create things that are unique and OOAK.

What does your artwork say about you?

I guess it depends which artwork one is looking at... If looking at my graphic designs you will notice i have a love for all things Vintage.

My Jewelry is mostly in pink.. so I guess people will notice that I have a thing for PINK ;) and my Canvas Art is .. well hard to explain really.. „different“ I guess

What do you enjoy doing when you're not creating for your shop?

I’m totally addicted to Facebook, so when I’m not creating and I have time, that’s where I’ll be LOL

Share your favorite quote

„Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.” – Scott Adams

How do you celebrate your success?

I don’t really celebrate my success, with every sale I just get inspired to create more.

How do you market your products?

I have 3 Online Shops which are mainly for the graphic designs. I also advertise on Facebook ;)

Some Jewelry is displayed at our local Hairdressers etc.

My best advertisement though... is me... I have a big mouth and tell everybody to come and have a look at my creations... ;)

What 3 Etsy shops do you admire and why?

I am a fan of so many Etsy Shops... the one I admire most would be your shop Kelly. Not only did you show me the way to Etsy and Artfire but you also gave me so many ideas on what I could create. Thank you!

If you win a $1000 shopping spree what would you buy?

Paint and Beads ;)

You can find me at:

ETSY


ARTFIRE


 
FACEBOOK PAGE


Luzanda's Gallery







3 comments:

  1. Love this interview. Find it very enlightening. Two very devoted and incredibly talented artists. What else is there?
    Lisa Guest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely feature! It's so nice to learn more about other Etsians.

    ReplyDelete

Followers